Advertising Guidelines – mr.play Partners
Mr.play – Advertising Guidelines for all markets
As a member of mr.play Partners Affiliate Program, advertising on behalf of the Company and representing the mr.play/Regent Casino Website, we expect Affiliates to share the Company’s values and any advertising carried out on behalf of the Company must follow the regulations and rules issued by the relevant authorities.
For the avoidance of doubt, it is up to the Affiliate to ensure that they are compliant with all advertising guidelines and legislation around the promotion of online gaming in the relevant jurisdiction. This guide covers the advertising rules for ALL types of advertising such as (but not limited to) Banners, Mailers, Reviews, Native ads and SMS send outs. These rules MUST be followed by all Affiliates. If breached, your Affiliate account might be closed and depending on the severity of the breach, pending commissions may not be paid out. Any eventual fine from the regulators due to incorrect or bad behavior from an affiliate might be partly or fully passed on to the Affiliate.
The purpose of this document (“Advertising Guidelines”) is to supplement the Company’s Affiliate Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”), published at mrplaypartners.com/terms-and-conditions and outline how our Affiliates can promote the mr.play and Regent Casino Website effectively and lawfully.
In case of any doubt regarding your obligations under the Agreement and/or Guidelines or under the relevant legal and/or regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions where you are located, please don’t hesitate to contact your Affiliate Manager, or send an email to: [email protected]
Market Specific Limitations
– Only SEO and PPC traffic allowed.
– No SMS, Email, Social, Native or any kind of direct marketing is allowed unless approved by an Affiliate manager
– Affiliates that target the UK market must inform the Company about all sources that will be used towards this purpose and get them approved in writing.
– It is not allowed to use marketing material (banners, mailers, etc) or any imagery (screenshots, pictures of mr.play/Regent Casino characters) that was not approved by the Company for the UK market.
– The marketing material must always be clear, correctly advertised and state that “T&C apply” and include an “18+” messaging symbol.
– All detailed bonus information need to be added when promoting the mr.play/Regent Casino bonuses. Including any wagering requirement, minimum deposit info and maximum withdrawal amounts.
– Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) of promotional offers should be included by the Affiliate. In case space is limited, the term “T&Cs apply” should be mentioned and the T&Cs must be one click away. The link should refer to either the Affiliate’s page where the T&Cs are displayed or the Company’s Brand site (where the full set of T&C’s of the promotional offer must be visible.
– Compliance texts like BeGambleAware and/or Gamble responsibly together with a link to https://www.begambleaware.org and/or http://www.gamcare.org.uk/ is required when promoting mr.play/Regent Casino towards UK players.
Please check the Useful Links section of this document for more information on UK Gambling Commission advertising and marketing rules and ASA/CAP UK advertising guidelines.
– All adverts shall clearly indicate that the gambling activity promoted is to be only exercised by persons who are over 18 years of age.
– All adverts shall expressly state how to make use of an offer. For avoidance of doubt, customers shall always be provided with enough information in order to be able to make an informed decision prior to opting to accede to a promotion. For example, the customer has to be fully made aware of all wagering requirements, limitations of bonus offer etc.
– Any misleading offers shall not be deemed to satisfy the above criterion. This includes but is not limited to incorrect information, for example, the promotion of a higher theoretical RTP than that confirmed by the game provider or mr.play/Regent Casino.
– No advert shall be targeted to or appeal in any way to people under 18 years of age.
– Any promotions including large winnings by mr.play/Regent Casino customers shall be real ones.
– Statements which are either aimed at rushing the customer into a decision or are considered to be an aggressive promotion technique shall not be used. Examples of statements which are not allowed, include but are not restricted to: “You have won x amount of bonus”, “This bonus is only available today” (if the offer is not time-barred), “Get rich today”.
– All advertising must clearly state that it is not coming from the mr.play/Regent Casino Website.
Rules for any kind of Send outs
– Customer’s’ subscription to receiving marketing material from the affiliate shall be on an opt-in basis, preferably double opt-in.
– We will require evidence of how you have sourced your database with a clearly defined opt-in process to receive gambling related communications.
– You must provide a preview of the actual send out and the text you are planning to send and gain permission from your Affiliate Manager before it is sent.
– It must be clear in the email that any potential complaint made as a result of this communication should be addressed directly to the Affiliate, and not to the mr.play/Regent Casino Website. The Company is not responsible for such complaints and hence will not reply to such complaints.
– Send outs shall have an “unsubscribe” link which would enable the customer to opt out of receipt of any marketing material in the future
– All send outs shall expressly provide that the sender is not mr.play/Regent Casino.
– Whilst we recognize that social media channels can be a beneficial way for Affiliates to engage with their audiences, it is our strong preference that any links posted by Affiliates on Facebook, Twitter and other relevant social media channels, links to the Affiliate’s own website in the first instance, which in turn should contain links to the mr.play/Regent Casino Website.
– Whilst this adds an extra step to the user’s journey, it reduces the likelihood that the user might mistake a link posted by an Affiliate for one posted by the mr.play/Regent Casino Website.
– An Affiliate may not post any affiliate links directly on their social media page(s) without written permission from their Affiliate Manager. Any Affiliates found to have done so may have their Affiliates account suspended and/or terminated.
– Affiliates found to be promoting the mr.play/Regent Casino Website via private groups and/or private messages on social media networks without written permission risk having their accounts terminated immediately.
– The guidelines on Rules for Advertising are also applicable to social media posts.
– In addition, Facebook and Twitter have their own guidelines regarding the advertising of gambling products. For example, if promoting gambling through a Twitter handle, an 18+ statement (or 21+ in some jurisdictions) must be included in your bio.
– Some useful links to Facebook and Twitter’s advertising policies are included at the end of this document.
– If you want to stream in the UK or in English, you’ll need to be 25+ years old due to the strict UKGC regulations.
Paid Social Advertising
Any paid social advertising conducted by an Affiliate should promote the
Affiliate’s own site(s) and not the mr.play/Regent Casino Website. It should not be possible for a customer to confuse an Affiliate’s advertising for that directly carried out by the mr.play/Regent Casino Website. If in any doubt, please contact your Affiliate Manager before publishing the campaign.
In addition, depending on the jurisdiction you are targeting, the Affiliate may be required to sign an addendum to promote the mr.play/Regent Casino Website in this way. For more information, please contact the relevant social network via the links provided at the end of this document.
– The Company does not wish for the mr.play/Regent Casino Website to feature in any advertorials.
– If an Affiliate has a specific request to run this kind of campaign, then they should contact their Affiliate Manager to seek written approval from them to do so.
– Any Affiliate found to be running this sort of activity without permission will have their Affiliate account terminated.
Affiliates are not permitted to engage in any media buying through advertising exchanges, programmatic networks, etc without prior written consent from their Affiliate Manager.
Further to our Agreement, Affiliates wishing to run Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns:
– must link to the Affiliate site and not the mr.play/Regent Casino Website;
– must not bid on mr.play/Regent Casino or trademarks, or misspellings thereof;
– must not use mr.play/Regent Casino in display URLs or ad copy;
– must add mr.play/Regent Casino to the phrase match negative keywords list on their accounts. Any Affiliate found to be in violation of the above risks having their Affiliate account suspended and/or terminated.
As per the Agreement, Affiliates may not register or purchase any domain names which are identical or like, or misspellings of the mr.play/Regent Casino or trademarks.
Any Affiliate who registers domain names in breach of this rule will have their Affiliates account terminated and further legal action may be taken.
Any Affiliates wishing to release mobile apps into the Apple, Google Play or other App stores must ensure that the App name does not include mr.play/Regent Casino or trademarks, or misspellings of mr.play/Regent Casino. Any Affiliate found to have done so will be asked to remove the App immediately and may have their Affiliates account suspended and/or terminated.
The Company has decided not to engage in any SMS activity through a third party for the foreseeable future. Any Affiliate found to be running SMS activity will have their Affiliates account terminated immediately.
If you have further questions or any doubts about what you can do or not do, then please get in touch with your Affiliate Manager or contact us by email and we will be more than happy to guide you or answer any questions you might have.
Mr.play Partners Affiliate Program Terms & Conditions & Useful Links
At all times, the Affiliate must comply with the Agreement, a copy of which is available here: https://mrplaypartners.com/terms-and-conditions/
For more information on UK Gambling Commission advertising and marketing rules and ASA/CAP UK advertising guidelines, please visit:
http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for-gambling- businesses/Compliance/General-compliance/Social-responsibility/Advertising- marketing-rules-and-regulations.aspx
Facebook general advertising policies:https://www.facebook.com/policies/ads
Facebook policy on Real money gambling: https://www.facebook.com/policies/ads/restricted_content/gambling
Twitter general advertising policies: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20169693
Twitter policy on advertising Gambling content: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170426
These links are provided solely for informative purposes and should not be seen to be exhaustive. For the avoidance of doubt, it is up to the Affiliate to ensure that they are compliant with all advertising guidelines and legislation around the promotion of online gaming in the relevant